Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sweet Sweet Cassie

Over the Thanksgiving holiday we had Cassie, a Bassett Hound mix, as a visitor. Cassie is currently in her own foster home (with Paula), but Paula was going out of town. Since Cassie is bit of an older dog, she deserved to come stay with us instead of boarding.

Usually Kobe is disagreeable with dogs bigger than him (not to mention kids, flashing lights, anything on wheels, thunder, our t.v. receiver, lately even my hair iron...you get the picture). But since Cassie is a bit older and slower, he really liked her. In Kobe's 11 years, I have never once seen him instigate play with another dog....until Cassie. It's too bad she really didn't feel much like playing.

When it was dinner time, she would wiggle and dance so much that she instantly seemed puppy like. Once done eating she would quiet down and crash out on Kobe's bed. She took over his bed actually- but he didn't seem to mind much.

Last Sunday she went back to her foster home with Paula. Hopefully she'll be adopted soon!


-thanks for the picture, Paula!

1 comment:

Paula said...

haha...you forgot to mention the devil that came out in her the first night you tried to crate her.
I'm Cassie's foster mom. Although my family snickers everytime they hear me tell people she's a foster...wha???...I have 3 dogs of my own...I really can't keep her...right??
Anyway, apparently Cassie destroyed the plastic lining in the bottom of her crate the first night Jenny had her. While I was surprised at the damage she did, I wasn't really shocked that she didn't like the crate. I too tried to crate her the first night I got her. Cassie has been with me for 3 months and only stayed in the crate one night. She's definitely a bed/sofa dog. lol
Thanks again Jenny and Cliff for watching her for me. ;-)