Monday, December 8, 2008

#40 - Mimi the Great

Mimi - the name calls to mind the image of a grandmother. Perhaps this is because Mimi was EJ's (my brother-in-law) grandmother. Mimi the foster dog was no granny.

When I picked her up from the vet last Friday I was expecting to receive a 'nervous' dog, as this is how she was described to me. But she was just as much nervous as she was a granny type- not at all. She bounced around my car the whole way home, and once home, she bounced happily around my back patio. Mimi was an almost instantaneous bonder who would easily crawl into my lap, jump from the floor straight into my arms, and wag her tail ferociously when petted. Cliff agreed that she was pretty awesome. Even though she would occasionally forget who he was if he'd been out of sight for too long, and bark at him (I think it's Cliff's beard). I truly think that if we'd had possession of her much longer...she would have been adopted by us. Cliff argues I say this each and every time.....and he's sorta right (but don't tell him that).
Friends Kyle and Ambre took one look at her photo and were sold. They came to meet her at an adoption event on Saturday and I took her to their home to meet their Chihuahua, Bella, yesterday. Things went so well that they finalized the adoption.

It's a real joy to be able to be a part of the process of helping a homeless animal find a new home. It doesn't always work out that we get to remain a part of a former foster's life, so it's particularly special for us when it works in our favor that we do.

So, it's on to foster #41. Stay tuned.

No comments: