Wednesday, December 24, 2008

#41 - Sadie the Christmas Foster

Each year we seem to have a Christmas foster. Last year it was Matty and her babies. This year it's little Sadie.

A gentleman, Mike, from the rescue we work with was given Sadie by a family who could no longer keep her. They found themselves having to move in with family members who did not like her, and she was being kept in the garage with little to no contact. Knowing that Mike was involved with rescuing, and with his guarantee that he would find the best home possible for her, the family handed Sadie over.
Within moments of arriving at our house last Sunday, Sadie crawled into my lap. From there, I knew she'd fit right in. She warmed up quickly to both me and Cliff, and will follow us equally around the house. When she's not curled up in a little ball or cuddling, Sadie likes to get belly rubs, play with Kobe's toys, and chase her extra long tail. Yes, she chases her tail. I thought she was walking in circles the first time I saw her do it- it was a slow chase. But, sure enough...she's chasing her tail.

Kobe and Sadie are a lot alike. I know she's 7 pounds, and a Chihuahua, but they could be siblings. She loves to play and growl, get a belly rub and growl, and love on you and growl. It's not split personality, she just vocalizes with a growl- it's incredibly cute. Gentle pets, especially on the face, are met with a still body and closed eyes- like she's concentrating really hard on your love. And she has the most adorable overbite. It's just enough for the tip of her little tongue to stick out a little and make you love her all that much more.

I've heard today that applications are already coming in for her. I'm sure she won't last long with us, but during that time we sure will be kept laughing.

No comments: