Monday, October 5, 2009

Aging, Younging, & Inbetweening

The shiftiness of senility daunts me.

One day he seems to with it. Even the vet who sees Kobe every 6 months or so can see he has it together. "He even knows to growl at me," he says. So I go home and try to keep everything normal.

Then I turn around and he's looking at me blankly while peeing on the floor.

Yeah, not so normal. So NOT normal.

Less normal that I came home toady and he was unable to get traction on the floor (concrete and hardwood) because his back legs were tremor ridden. I thought, "I'll carry him to the elevator, then down 8 flights, and then another several hundred feet to the grass to pee." Cause cleaning up is THAT HARD. Well, he's actually almost 1/3, my weight now...and that's officially harder. But it took my attempt to realize that.

Maybe weight training needs to speed up to stay in line with Kobe's needs. No more putting it off.

So, younging to keep up with the aging, and maintaining and navigating the inbetweening.

I can handle that.

No comments: